New 90 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bhuamani32

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can anyone recommend a good website to buy a cleanup crew. Also could anyone recommend a cleanup crew for 90 gallon aqaurium with 100lbs live rock and lots of hair algae?

What do you want it to clean? New tanks usually don't have much to clean. Make sure it is cycled first too.

Well I bought it used and it was already cycled for 2 years. However some of live rock already had some green sea grass looking algae. It's a lot of work to get it off myself and wanted to know the best way to get rid of it.

If you have a lot of hair algae. You might wanna pull the rocks and scrub them down in some of the old salt water when you do a water change. You might also wanna invest in a "sea hair" my understanding is they mow through hair algae like its nothing. However, once it's cleaned your tank if there's no algae they will slowly starve to death. You could return them to the LFS or pass them on to a friend who is also having hair algae problems.

You could also invest in a phosban reactor with some good GFO. I use Dr Gs, and it seems to do fairly well. I had a lot of hair algae and I'm down to about two spots that are about the size of two golf balls.

My issue is algae "dust" on my glass and my substrate. Still trying to figure that one out.

If I buy a seahare, is there a risk of it harming my fish. I have a maroon clown, ocelaris clown, fire fish, cardinal, two chromis and a goby. I have lots of green hair algae.

I meant the toxins it releases. I have a wet dry filter with a basic protein skimmer?

They are extremely hard to keep alive and are sensitive to changeing water conditions so drip it for 3-4 hours and give it back to the lfs after its done its job

Ok great thanks a lot. I'm sure it would be a while before it did its job because I have a lot of algae but thank you very much.

Ok great thanks a lot. I'm sure it would be a while before it did its job because I have a lot of algae but thank you very much.

Is it a reef? Some species are not reef safe... Research the type you get or post a pic on here and someone will know what type it is, good luck

Yes. It only has a few zoos and a ricordea mushroom. I purchased it used off of craigslist and it came with many fish and there was already some hair algae on the 100 lbs of live rock included. It looks like this and it is spreading throughout my tank

Attachments

• image-1385574438.jpg
    image-1385574438.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 104
  • image-1251336504.jpg
    image-1251336504.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 107
  • image-3431770637.jpg
    image-3431770637.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 102
Yeah a sea hare will destroy hair algea and off topic but go ricordea mushroom! O have 10 in my 37g, 5 purple and 5 green

Ok thanks man. And yeah they are so nice. I'm just trying to add corals and have had very little experience.

The maroon clown is very friendly. He only seems to really go after a fish when there i give them good. Other than that he minds his own business. There is a goby and he usually leaves it alone. I was trying to get a lawnmower blenny but I don't know if my lfs has them and shipping online is so expensive.

I have a lawn mower blenny. He won't eat that algae it's to long. A lot of these guys won't eat it after it's gotten to long. If your not going with a sea hair, your best to scrub it off in a bucket of salt water. And use a cleaning crew to keep it in check after a good hard scrubbing. That's what I did.

Back
Top Bottom