New 90 Gallon Tank "upgrade" Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Here is the new tank after 2 days. It took me a while to get this setup and filled.

It is an Oceanic RR 90 with a 30 gal custom sump. For equipment I am running an Eheim 1260 return pump, Octopus NW-150 skimmer, Seio 1100's, and a Finnex Titaniium heater. For now the lighting is 2 150 Phoenix 14k's and 2 T5 acintics. Also has custom moonlights. I may upgarde to double 250's when I reall want to keep high light SPS.

I am very impressed with the skimmer, the thing is a beast.

Here are bad pics of everything and a pic of a Lawnmower Blenny the guy gave me with thesetup in my old 30.

I am actually sad about taking the 30 down because it looks great and is algae free :( I am transfering everything over to a 20 gallon tomorrow until the tank is ready.

I am waiting for an aqua controller and a Tunze nano stream to come in. I am also on the hunt for a good calcium reactor.

I will probably be a little slower with this tank thread becuase I am so busy with my job but I will do my best :D

Attachments

• canopy_477.jpg
    canopy_477.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 33
  • lawnmower_196.jpg
    lawnmower_196.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 27
  • side_156.jpg
    side_156.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 379
  • sump_499.jpg
    sump_499.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 30
  • tank_830.jpg
    tank_830.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 389
are you cycling the 90 gal with parts of the old tank then? if your tearing down the 30

...tank looks good

tank

I will be putting some of the established LR from my 30 but I had some die off transporting the LR from the guys house where I purchased the setup so I am going to have to cycle for a few weeks.

I am transfering everything from the 30 to a qt tomorrow.

Sorry about the crappy yellow pics but I have not put the canopy on yet because I have to be in the tank so much to rockscape and adjust things.

The tank still needs to be cleaned up a bit but I am working on it.

so your going to run it from scratch? i'm just finishing off my cycle, and i couldn't imagine having to wait another 30 long days. you just set up your 30 gal too...

updates

The cycle completed alot quicker than I expected but I had bought a lot more established LR from local reefers so it helped.

Everything is doing well and I added my first SPS, a green monti cap that is to small to see in the pics. New corals include a nice Echino, a new Acan, Frogspan, and a few new soft corals. I am going to be keeping a few Acropoca but it will be a mixed reef. I would like to keep it to the point where weekly PWC's with Reef Crystals will keep from dosing but if I stolk SPS to heavily I will add a calcium reactor, anf topoff with kalk solution.

I also added my first new fish which will be my show fish, a yellow tang. The only other fish I plan to add to the system is a pearly Jawfish or maybe a mystery wrasse if I break down to spend the 200+

Here are some updated pics of the tank, zoo frags from reef club, and new fish.

Attachments

• pink_zoos_381.jpg
    pink_zoos_381.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 289
  • bam_bams_141.jpg
    bam_bams_141.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 294
  • yt1_283.jpg
    yt1_283.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 287
  • frogspan_699.jpg
    frogspan_699.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 21
  • pc170030_206.jpg
    pc170030_206.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 18
  • full_tank_135.jpg
    full_tank_135.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 292
Awesome Mike. Love the pictures. One day, I want a Frogspawn, but they seem to be so hard to find around here unless you want to spend $100 for a small piece! Best of luck with the tank. Can't wait to see it all filled in.

Are you plannin on adding more liverock?

Pretty sweet Mike! I should get a pic of my 125, it only has sand in it, LOL!!!

new tank

Thanks guys I will be adding a backgorund, however not paint. A guy in my reef club gets a black background that the magfloat can be used with.

Lindsay, I am actually not plannng on moe LR. I have about 25lbs in the sump and I want room for the corals to grow. My last tank was real packed and I thought it was to crowded. I may add a few small pieces but as I collect more corals, especially ones that come with small rocks am sure it will be fine. There is roughly 100lbs right now.

I am getting a ric rock tonight from a guy that I traded pink paly's to.

I got the Tang from Liveaquaria in a pooled order through the reef club and I am very satisfied with the health of the fish.

frogspan

Lindsay

PM me about Frogspan. It is very common around here. I could get you a piece about 3 heads, which s what mine is for about $20 if we could be careful shipping.

Oh and thank you Mel. The YT wll be the only tang. I strongly disagree with some of the size req even on Liveaquaria such as a hippo in >70. IMO a YT should be the only tang in anything less than 125 in the long run.

new pics

I am sorry all but this was not really a tank "build" thread but rather a quick upgrade.

So here is some more pics of my stuff before I prepare to get my CA Reactor, move my zoos down, and jump into SPS.

Mel, and Lando deserve big thanks for the pic of the scooter blenny. This fish was a "surprise" from my girlfriend and she thought it was a goby. After alot of money on pods and fuges, he is thriving.

Attachments

• firefish_110.jpg
    firefish_110.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 13
  • orange_center_zoo_631.jpg
    orange_center_zoo_631.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 204
  • scoot_162.jpg
    scoot_162.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 15
  • green_dragon_zoo_153.jpg
    green_dragon_zoo_153.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 195
  • eafly_eye_zoo_664.jpg
    eafly_eye_zoo_664.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 11
  • ric_rocks_182.jpg
    ric_rocks_182.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 11
The threads are here and are just fine..not sure what you mean "going on with the threads".

Back
Top Bottom