New addidtions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ni111

Aquarium Advice Activist
So ive just introduced an emerald goby, 3 hermits, a pollyp and a fan worm. Anyone help me on when to feed these ive got frozen food for the goby but what will the others eat?

The hermits will eat whatever you feed the tank and the others get their food from the water column so no special feeding required. Although I;m not 100% on the fan worm....I have a feather duster that doesnt require special feeding so I'm assumng it's pretty much the same.

Yeah its a feather duster haha they just call them fan worms over here i think :) Ive got an orange spotted goby carey hes great :D

Also when shall i feed them ? i havent put the light on yet because i was told not to put it on for about an hour after theyve been introduced. I introduced them properly aswell the gobys just hiding and the crabs are allready feeding of the rocks.

The goby will come out eventually, it's taken several weeks for my warpaint goby to come out of hiding in my pico tank. Mine eats flake food as well as brine shrimp and a frozen cube called emerald entree.

Keep in mind he may not eat right away, he's in a new home so give him a few days. I would turn the light on in a bit, see if he's ok. :)

And yeah, hermits arent shy, they will get right to work. lol

Yeah okay and will he come out if hes hungry or shall i lure him out with a little food

You could try a little bit of food, mine darts out from the rocks to eat, it's pretty funny to watch.lol It's a great sign when they eat right away from my experience. I tend to feed a few hours after I put them in just to see if they will eat. :)

Good luck!! Let us know how you do. And of course, we want pictures of your new arrivals. We LOVE photos on this site! lol

Haha okay ill get some pictures up soon, hes really active came out of hiding straight away was swimming round the whole tank and feeding well. He seemed last night to be swimming by the heater alot but now hes fine just swimming everywhere. Im of to get a cleaner shrimp today really like the look of them :)

i wish i could have a sw tank.... id probably kill everything in it though:angel: but thats why i dont have one. best of luck to you.

The hardest part is setting it up and knowing what youve got to do. I must admit they are tricky but with alot of reasearch and patience there not so hard :)

Back
Top Bottom