New addition finally on DT!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tmyboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I transferred my new green mandarin into the display tank this morning and he looks gorgeous in there!!! He's about 3" and he's being very shy as expected. That's why the picture is very "so so" but it's hard to get a "clean shot"!

Any mandarin owners..........please shoot me some pointers if you have a second. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• image-58234915.jpg
    image-58234915.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 92
Male or female?

I have had my mandarin for 8 months. He is fat. I have a refugium with tons of pods. I also breed pods in separate tank. Mine didn't eat frozen for 1st month. I used a small glass bottle with opening only large enough for mandarin and put rock rubble in. Left in tank for While. I would squirt food in there mandarin eventually made his way in and that is how he started to eat frozen. I got the idea from melevs reef website. Could find a link later or could just google it. Now he was every feeding and anything I put in tank. I just have to target feed him. Try bloodworms too. Mine love them.

Male.

I was wondering about the frozen food....he didn't even look at when I dropped that in the tank.

He's been grazing on the rocks since I put him in there. Im nit concerned about him having enough pods and whatnot bc I have a 30g fuge and there's pods everywhere in the tank. Some are pretty big. I'm hoping he'll be fat in no time!

Thank you very much for the tip on feeding....I heard getting them to eat anything other than pods can be a bit tricky.

Regards,

T

Back
Top Bottom