New addition hiding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sgc1107

Aquarium Advice Freak
Saturday I got a fire fish. He picked his hideaway spot and I haven't seen him out since! i can see where he is, yes he is alive. I've tried food but he won't even come out for it! He did come out Sunday when I did water change but when I put my water back in and turned power heads back on he went back into the hideaway. When he gets hungry enough will he come out? Or starve to death? I'm worried because its going on 4 days now!

Try to target feed it using a turkey baster. Sounds like he is having some issues adjusting so just do what you can to help coax him along. Once they are comfortable they are always out. Also maybe try changing how your powerhead is pointing cause if he came out with them off he may not like the flow.

Who are his tank mates? I have a shy firefish too but he has picked his little spot (luckily out front) but keeps to himself mostly...

Who are his tank mates? I have a shy firefish too but he has picked his little spot (luckily out front) but keeps to himself mostly...

No one mean, two clowns (the female is nasty but only to me when cleaning lol, she's never been mean to any other fish I've put in), a bar goby, 6 line, lawnmower blenny, coral banded shrimp & clean up crew.

Well if he's out till you approach that's good. He's scared but adjusting. Just move slow when your near the tank and he should adjust a little faster.

Well if he's out till you approach that's good. He's scared but adjusting. Just move slow when your near the tank and he should adjust a little faster.

Definitely! I wasn't even looking in the tank, was running out the door to work and cought sight of him after it was already in front of the tank. I think he will come around with time.

Back
Top Bottom