New addition...new question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SquishyFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
A day or so ago, I picked up a Rose Anem...It had been at the LFS for 2 weeks and looking good the whole time. Its in my tank now and still looking good......from what I can tell. I put it in the tank (after a 5 hour acclimation) and with in 2 hours it was hiding on the side/back of one of the rocks. The area its in is pretty dark, I'm not sure about the circulation...low to moderate from what I can tell of the tenticle movement.

The question....I thought anems needed high light. I have (2) 175watt m/h lights and 2 110 watt Vho actinics. Its a 175 gallon bow front with 400lbs of LR. He has plenty of places to get "moderate" lighting with out hiding in the dark.

Its normal for them to hide, and its normal for them to avoid MH. Sometimes the MH is to intense and they need time to adjust. If you can feed him a fish, or shrimp then wait for him to come out on his own. Unless there going to die, they will come back into the light. So don't try to move him, that will only cause more stress. The meal will hold him over until, he comes out.

I put (crap...brian fart!)...not golden pearls, but the other one....red, frozen plankton, into the water. (I cant believe I forgot what its called.) Anyway...will that tide him over. I might be able to get some krill or silversides back there.

Hand feed a whole silverside, if it eats it id say hes in good shape. Just drop it on his tentacles.

Back
Top Bottom