New Additions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e_murray

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, I am itching to add some new fish to my tank.

Currently I have :

Purple Tang
2 Clowns
Firefish
Royal Gramma
Cleaner Shrimp
Red Fire Shrimp
Snails and Crabs

What I want to add:

Firefish maybe 4 more.
Black & White Butterflyfish
Yellow Pyramid Butterflyfish
Magenta Pseudochromis
Yellow Watchman Goby
Warpaint Clown Goby
Blue Hippo
Pin Cushion Urchin

Naso Tang or Powder Brown Tang, Will that get along with the Purple, They dont really look the same...
[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
Just looking for some color in my tank, anyone have any other suggestions?

Anyone have expiereince with sea slugs? They are really neat looking.

SW Plants?

Red Gracillaria
Red Algae Plant
Mermaids Fan Plant
Fern Plant

Are sponges difficult to keep? Sea Fans?

I have no exp with coral, I want to start tho..
What is easy to start with?

Leathers, Red Chili/Cactus Coral, Mushrooms, Polyps?

What size tank do you have?

I would NOT do a pseudochromis with the royal gramma. Pseudochromis are remarkably pugnacious for their size, and I hear they're relentless as well.

Nudibranchs are often difficult because of specialized diets. Even Sea hares often end up starving to death if you don't have enough algae to support them

Also, as starter corals mushrooms and zoanthids are both pretty easy.

Sponges need good flow and don't tolerate any algae growing on them. Same thing with sea fans. Both are obligate filter feeders and can be challenging.

What would you recommend? I'm not picky I just want some color. My tank seems so bland. My purple is very active and seems like he's the only one in there.

they have a better chance along with the hippo too. still just watch the purple. ive only seen them be aggresive to anything of the same body shape. even a sailfin lol

Maybe I can convince the LFS to let me trade him for some other tangs.

I bought him off CL as a impulse before I even did any research...

I really want some colorful specimens!

it looks like you added an urchin to your wishlist. Beware that they are like bulls in a china shop and can knock over smaller corals and rockwork. Some are also prone to eat corals I've been told.

They definitely are. I wish they weren't so clutzy or I'd have a tuxedo or longspine (or maybe both) myself!

Back
Top Bottom