New additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swiftler

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I recently picked up a few new corals for the tank. The first three I got from my brother in law an he didn't tell me what they were. Maybe you guys can help with that one.

image-3982853609.jpg

image-3761578754.jpg

image-868939885.jpg

And the last little guy is a torch that almost died at my LFS so I bargained with the owner and picked it up for $10.00 ,hopefully that's a good deal :)

image-255030471.jpg

The first three are acros. . . I am not sure on exactly what the detailed names are.

As for the torch. . 10 bucks isn't bad, but usually u can get them for a descent price in good condition.

Nice. Far out your rocks are purple. looks awesome

My wife is actually starting to say that we have too much purple :). I told her that I'm going to work on getting some more corals to add other colors like some red mushrooms and a blue waving hand I saw at another LFS. Never thought I would have too much purple.

I started out with a volleyball sized rock already covered in coraline over a year ago and about 5 months ago I added some large rocks and decided to treat the tank with Kent's Purple Tech just to jump start the process. I only did two treatments and my tank went purple. Others I've talked with said they didn't have great results with purple tech but I think I did :). Give it a try

Just fyi acros require high intensity lighting. Not sure what your using but figured you might not know since you didnt know what they were.

Awesome!!!! I'm starting at reef tank soon but I'm doing a mixture of 80lbs base rock and 20 lbs live rock. I might try and use purple tech too just to have a lot a coralline algae :)

Just fyi acros require high intensity lighting. Not sure what your using but figured you might not know since you didnt know what they were.

lol.... I guess I should have been more clear in my initial post. I know that they are acros, what I am curious about is what kind (species). I'm a science teacher and am having some difficulty classifying them due to the variations, so I was wondering if anyone recognized them. I have them place in the upper third of my tank which is only 18" deep under a 4 bulb t5 fixture (2x 10,000K and 2x actinic)

Swiftler said:
My wife is actually starting to say that we have too much purple :). I told her that I'm going to work on getting some more corals to add other colors like some red mushrooms and a blue waving hand I saw at another LFS. Never thought I would have too much purple.

Lol. Never too much lol... That's the way. It's a good excuse to add more colour

Back
Top Bottom