New algae blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leedowlrods

Aquarium Advice Freak
How shy is an algae blenny?
I introduced this new guy yesterday and haven't seen him since.
Two clowns
Picasso trigger
Purple tang
Large carpet nem
Coral
All under a tight lid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one and hardly ever see him. If you have lots of rock for him to hide, good luck..lol I do see mine once and a while though

I hardly ever see mine except when feeding. He takes his algae wafer and runs back to his hole.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My lawnmower is out and about as much if not more than every other fish in my 40b. lol

I always have a lawnmower in my tanks, love those guys. Such personality and so cool.

Just give him some time to get used to his new home and i am sure you will see him more.

If he's not hiding, the carpet anemone could've definitely killed it and eaten it as they are notorious of eating fish. Also, your Picasso trigger could've killed it. I have one and they're pretty aggressive. Bites me when I clean the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Update, I've seen him hiding in rocks, I'm not surprised he hide bc whenever he comes out the trigger kicks the 'caviar' out of him. Poor guy, I don't know what to do for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, you gotta be careful with triggers and small fish. At this point you can't really do anything. He'll be very hard to catch because he's always in the rocks and you would have to disassemble everything to get him out. Hopefully the trigger takes a liking to him. What size tank are they in?

what size tank do you have ?
your keeping a trigger in a reef tank ? he will in time tear it apart eating all the heads off all your coral, they also grow up to 10+" with a minimum tank size of 180g
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Humu Picasso Triggerfish

there is only 1 trigger I know of that is reef safe and that's the blue throat and that's with caution the min tank size for these are 125g

Blue Throat Triggerfish

hopefully your tank is big enough to house the tang as they require a tank of at least 125g
it's hard giving sound advice with out your tank specs as you don't have anything listed in your profile
we can only assume

In my experience my trigger hasn't picked on any corals. However, they're not considered reef safe because they can and will destroy any inverts in the tank. Snails, hermits, etc. gone.

Mine is always front row center.

My 6" hippo tang eventually killed my 4" blue jaw trigger. After a year together, all at once it was on and the hippo won. 300 gallon aquarium.

Last edited:
my lawn mower swims all over the place and is always seen , but his favorite spot is under the palys
img_2991676_0_1a8f4a6dddd6f8ee38aaff218311de46.jpg

Back
Top Bottom