New and scared about new sump. HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellowyellow

Aquarium Advice Freak
:fish1:I've just ordered my first sump & a skimmer. My tank is 50 gal and has been up and running for 3 yrs. So, what else do I need? 1. an overflow box, and a pump? OK the skimmer and sump will be sitting under the tank and the tubing will be about 3'8" long before reaching the top of the tank. I need to know what pump, its power, will I need to accomplish this.

The closer I get to this transformation from fowlr to beginner reef the more anxious {unsure and nervous} I get. This setup is in my living room and I can't afford any leaks or overflows.

Last of my questions today is, what do I put in the sump to filter the water? I don't fully understand the workings or why it's better than my canister filter, and I need to know. HELP HELP

If u match flow with pump and overflow u don't gotta worry about floods..my sump I have a filtersock live rock and a skimmer also some chato with a refugium light don't forget to figure head pressure when ordering pump so it will match the overflow

Back
Top Bottom