Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-29-2004, 07:05 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Gauge Send a message via Yahoo to Gauge
New Anemone

I just bought a bubble-tip anemone yesterday, and I seem to be having a problem. I put him in the tank and started rearranging the rock where I wanted him to go. Within the 30 seconds that took, he attached to another rock he landed on! So, I figured I'd just leave him there. Well, since then he's crawled between that rock and the glass. He was out a bit last night, but as soon as I turned the light on this morning, he crawled back there again. What's the deal? Shouldn't he want the light rather than wanting to hide from it?

92-gallon corner tank, 100lbs of LR, 140lbs of sand, 250watt 10,000K MH, 110watts of actinic PCs, Mag 7 return, custom refugium, AquaC EV180 w/ Mag 5

Female lyretail anthias, eyelash blenny, tomato clown, saddleback clown, firefish goby, 2 sand-sifting stars
Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 09:57 PM   #2

Feed him a chunk of shrimp, or fish if you haven't already. This will help him until he settles down. Give him time, he may move to a place you can't see him, but its better to leave him and not bother him. In time he should come out into the light assuming you have good water, and everything else is in check including sufficient lighting.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:07 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Gauge Send a message via Yahoo to Gauge
It's on a pretty small rock. If he's trying to hide from the light, I decided that I should put him in the one cave-like structure I have in the tank. I put the rock such that half the anemone was in the light and half was in the shade. He seems to be facing the shade, but I left the choice up to him. I'll try to feed him a silverside tomorrow.

Thanks so much for the advice. Anything else I should do for it?

92-gallon corner tank, 100lbs of LR, 140lbs of sand, 250watt 10,000K MH, 110watts of actinic PCs, Mag 7 return, custom refugium, AquaC EV180 w/ Mag 5

Female lyretail anthias, eyelash blenny, tomato clown, saddleback clown, firefish goby, 2 sand-sifting stars
Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 10:15 PM   #4

Try not to move it, they really know what there doing. The less contact the better, even if your moving only the rock. Im not so sure you lights are enough, but mabye feeding him twice a week will help. Just be patient, and he should start stretching for the light in a few days. Good luck

Tags
anemone

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com