New Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gauge

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just bought a bubble-tip anemone yesterday, and I seem to be having a problem. I put him in the tank and started rearranging the rock where I wanted him to go. Within the 30 seconds that took, he attached to another rock he landed on! So, I figured I'd just leave him there. Well, since then he's crawled between that rock and the glass. He was out a bit last night, but as soon as I turned the light on this morning, he crawled back there again. What's the deal? Shouldn't he want the light rather than wanting to hide from it?

Feed him a chunk of shrimp, or fish if you haven't already. This will help him until he settles down. Give him time, he may move to a place you can't see him, but its better to leave him and not bother him. In time he should come out into the light assuming you have good water, and everything else is in check including sufficient lighting.

It's on a pretty small rock. If he's trying to hide from the light, I decided that I should put him in the one cave-like structure I have in the tank. I put the rock such that half the anemone was in the light and half was in the shade. He seems to be facing the shade, but I left the choice up to him. I'll try to feed him a silverside tomorrow. :)

Thanks so much for the advice. Anything else I should do for it?

Try not to move it, they really know what there doing. The less contact the better, even if your moving only the rock. Im not so sure you lights are enough, but mabye feeding him twice a week will help. Just be patient, and he should start stretching for the light in a few days. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom