Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-15-2004, 10:18 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sixline, how are the tangs doing? How many left now?

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Atari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 11:16 PM   #12

There doing great.. There all alive and well. What does that have to do with this thread? Oh wait nothing.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:37 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterTeen
29gal with 7lbs of live rock? Mr. R you need to get some more not asap or anything, but its good to have alot of LR
The thing is my tank has one of those foam bio-filters in it. So I don't really have a ton of room for the rock. I am going to be putting in 3 more pounds this Tuesday. I'll see what it looks like after that. I'll try and get pictures, but I don't know how long it will be.
2 Chinese Algae Eaters
2 Corys (one green, one julian)
8 Blue Neon Tetras

29 gal sw with 10 lbs lr
1 Blue Damsel
1 Green Chromis
1 Pajama Cardinal
1 Tomato Clown
1 Royal Gramma Basslet
1 Lawn Mower Blenny
1 Zebra Hermit
4 Blue Legged Hermits

1 2/3 gal fw
1 male, violet betta
1 male, white/pale blue betta
(tank divider)
Mr. R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 01:14 AM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
What does that have to do with this thread? Oh wait nothing.
Very true, but it has to do with your credibility. You tell people to not do things because that is what you have learned through your research, yet you do something that same research tells you is a VERY bad idea, for an experiment. Why should anyone follow your advice?? You disregaurd the advice of more experienced aquarists when it suits your fancy...why shouldn't they? You see you are hoist by your own petard.

Totally OT, I would love to see a recent pic of all the tangs doing fine, but your credibility on this forum is shot, it's sad too, cause even though you were very nasty about it...your advice to SWT was right on the money.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 03:13 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

oh wow a whole bunch of fighting kids!! Any one seen the babysitter? Opinions are like a......s, everybody has one. Just state yours and be done. Let's all try to be big kids now! Can't we all just get along? Now that thats done, let's all talk to others the way we like to be talked too!!!!!

72 gal bow front. cpr dual bak pak skimmer, 20 gal sump, approx 85lbs LR, 260watt power compact, two moonlight leds, (2)65w actinic, (2)65w 10k, 2 fire shrimp, 47 hermit crabs, 80 snails, peppermint shrimp, yellow tang, flame angel, 2 Oce clownfish, lawnmower blenny, coral beauty angel, lyretail anthias, 3 feather dusters, magnificent anemone, candy coral, yellow cucumber, 2 pulsing xenia, torch coral, mushrooms, condy anemone
SALTY72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 11:43 AM   #16
steve-s

Mixing anemone species is only limited by the size of the tank. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it provided you take the proper precautions. Aggressive skimming and use of carbon will prevent chemical warfare issues. Since both of these anemones have somewhat different light, flow and geographic needs, both may end up co-exhist fine together for a time. It really is going to depend on where each settles and the growths rates. IME, if they end up at opposite ends, you won't have any problems in the near future but you will eventually.

I agree it was not a wise purchase but not for the reasons stated previously. The only forseable problem I see is both these species can get quite large and a 55 gal may become too small a space in a few years. You will end up with no room for anything else.

Given the light intensity, 4-110watt VHO With IceCap Ballast and 2-55watt PC. Halides need not apply.

Cheers
Steve
Old 08-16-2004, 12:02 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

So I need halides to keep them alive? Darn... Halides are spendy
Old 08-16-2004, 12:03 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I think If I ever get any anemones, ill buy a fake one cuz they dont die and apparently clowns love them is what I heard from a recent post
Old 08-16-2004, 12:05 PM   #19
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterTeen
So I need halides to keep them alive? Darn... Halides are spendy
Considering the tank depth you have and the lights supporting it, you do not need halides for the anemones you've indicated.

Cheers
Steve
Old 08-16-2004, 12:11 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have to chime in and say this. Six-line you give good advice, that is true. The only problem is the way you say it. Your past experience's (tangs), would not even be brought up, if you spoke with a little more kindess to those that are learning. I think that you are smart about the hobby, and that you have made mistakes, as we all have, but the issue is not of that, but of how you address others in the forum. Maybe in the future, you could try to be a little more gentle.

PS. You have given me good advice in the past. You made me mad before , but you gave me good advice. Just think how much more effective your good advice will be, when somone is not offended by how you gave it. Blessings!

Tags
anemone, anemones

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com