New Aquascaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrc8858

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I've decided to sell/trade a lot of my Softies to go a more lps/sps dominant tank and in the process I've lost a few rocks and my tank looks a bit bare so I decided to go pick up a couple new pieces of lace rock and here's my progress so far.. these are from last night. Let it cure over night and today ill be adding it to the tank. Before and after pictures soon to come.

Need to move some corals around now but I think this is how in leaving the scape. What do you think?

Ya figured since I want more sps I'm gonna need more top third area to work with. I'm pretty happy with it but it was originally suppose to arch from the "knob" on the Tonga looking piece on the right but it ended up being about 6" to big.. thank you by the way

My skunk cleaners found themselves a new cleaning station :)

Once I glued it all together it sure is but man was it tough and messy... That's a 10lb piece dry and was a bi$*@ getting it into the tank without scratching the glass, hitting corals, or bumping rocks lol

Makes me wanna start a new tank so I can rescape from scratch knowing everything I do now since this is my first reef tank :)

I hear that! I want another tank...like 200 gal. But my old, wood floor that was damaged by wood boring beetles in the 80s wouldnt support it. To get what i want i need to become a truw homeowner...so itll be a 100k investment LOL.

Sniperhank said:
I hear that! I want another tank...like 200 gal. But my old, wood floor that was damaged by wood boring beetles in the 80s wouldnt support it. To get what i want i need to become a truw homeowner...so itll be a 100k investment LOL.

Ya I've been eyeing up this used 180 for my garage but even if I got it I don't know if I could afford a reef that size so maybe it'll be a frontosa tank haha

It's been bothering me the entire time like there's something off so I moved one rock and PERFECTION! If you can see it doesn't it make a huge difference that little rock lol

Mrc8858 said:
Makes me wanna start a new tank so I can rescape from scratch knowing everything I do now since this is my first reef tank :)

Tell me about it , I started with a 55g and am jealous when I see a 90g ..... If time and cash allow I'll get a 90g and do it the " right way " and get a lot of lace rock and aquascape before I add my fish and coral >_< .... But everybody seems happy and I'd hate to mess it up !

I'm crazy about the way my rocks look! Had my hands in my tank every time I passed it till I got it write. :) love your last little tweak to the r side

Well moved another one lol opened up the arch way a bit more and feel even better about it but makes me wanna rescape a brand new tank even more... This might end up leading to a 4th tank very soon, sorry wallet haha

Back
Top Bottom