New biocube 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bionewb 29

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just filled up my biocube. Should I wait for the sand to settle and the water to clear before I start the filters? Planning on adding biospira once it's clear and running. Quarantine tank next.

Just leave it off, no sense of getting you new filters clogged with sand!
As for bio spira, you will need plenty of it and prime if you don't cycle your tank

Once the sand settles if I add the bio spira will I be safe to add one fish without quarantine and inverts to help the process?

I read you need at least one fish to help the bio spira work. Should I just get a chromis and not quarantine it?

I read you need at least one fish to help the bio spira work. Should I just get a chromis and not quarantine it?

Try it out with 2, they are a nice addition to any aquarists tank, also very hardy, reef safe and peaceful "schooling fish", which I suggest 2.

Or I could go with a couple clowns. Just want to get everything going as soon as possible. Will wait for dust to settle then ill add biospira and check parameters. Once those are good I'll add two fish, inverts, and a couple corals?

Or I could go with a couple clowns. Just want to get everything going as soon as possible. Will wait for dust to settle then ill add biospira and check parameters. Once those are good I'll add two fish, inverts, and a couple corals?

They are very hardy, if not more than a chromis but the chromis cost like $4-5 each and a clown around $10 and up
Waite on the corals

Is it ok that my tank is totally off? No heat or anything

Ok it's on. Just running a small carbon media bag right now. Waiting for dust to settle then ill add bio spira. Should I keep my power head on?

I don't think he has a bio load, he should wait at least a week and do a test before adding anything, but you can't stop people from finding out the hard way?? Lots of salt and bio spira will keep his fish alive

Back
Top Bottom