new birdsnest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herp_mommy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all, I recently bought a pink birdsnest to go opposite my green birdsnest. The green birdsnest is doing exceptionally well, but the pink hasn't opened up it's polyps yet. it's been in there two days, I acclimated him for almost 3 hours. How long will it take him to "get used" to the tank before he opens up?

Could take a few weeks, they tend to sulk for a few weeks then you should start to see the white growth tips.

I don't agree with sps "sulking". I think you should see polyp extension almost immediately.
Some Bn's don't have the polyp extension that others do however. Can you snap a pic?

The green birdsnest had immediate polyp extension after I introduced it about a month ago. I'm just worried about the pink one not being able to eat. here are pics of both. I haven't permanently placed it yet. The green is in low light low flow though.

Attachments

• image-2886064616.jpg
    image-2886064616.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 94
  • image-3096070044.jpg
    image-3096070044.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 82
I would move the pink one. I don't see a lot of PE, but even when you do, it's not going to be as pronounced as the green. There is some on the lower branches and the underside of some of the others.

Back
Top Bottom