New Blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdellin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a new bicolor blenny today. He's really cute. He's in quarantine where there's no algae that I can see. I have spirulina flake and algae sheets. Will he eat these?

Attachments

• bicolor_blenny.jpg
    bicolor_blenny.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 78
For a while, mine only ate algae that was in the tank. But now he will gobble up everything I put in ( nori, flake, brine, daphnia...) If you have plenty of algae growing in your tank, don't be surprised if he refuses the prepared foods.

Mine would only eat algea in tank at first till later on he would eventually eat flake and anything else. I would maybe think about an expidited stay so as not to starve if he`s not eating anything in the QT. Maybe others will chime in.

I did add a couple more pieces of live rock to the tank that have green algae growing on them. Yesterday, the damsel tore off some of the algae sheet and he zipped out and snatched up the pieces that flaked off.

JG, what is Nori? I see that noted here sometimes.

Fried, freeze-dried....hmm... okay, that works for me.

I got Seaweed Selectd Green Marine Algae. He seems to like it. He actually chases it (when it flakes off) around the tank. I love the way he swims.

I'm so easy to please, imagine getting this much enjoyment from a 1.5 inch swimmer!

Little wet wiggler? Slimy water pusher? Ocean-dwelling seaweed eaters? They-die-if-they-jump-out-of-the-tank critters? :D (I crack myself up! BOOO!)

Remember the grinch with Jim Cary a couple years back? There was a scene where he used his lips as a suction to help him remove the glass from a window. Well, I can touch the side of the tank with my finger, and he'll zip over and "kiss" the glass where my finger is. If you remember that scene, that's what the fish lips looked like. I'm sure he thinks it's something to eat!

Okay, ignore me, I'm amusing myself.

LMAO!!!!

You crack me up.

I think i might stop by petco tonight since i never went to Pet club.

I might get in trouble though. lol

Back
Top Bottom