Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-05-2006, 08:00 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
Actually, I just decided to return the fish and look for one without the bumps to begin with. I hated to do it since I really liked the appearance of the fish, but I did not want to risk anything. I wonder if it was ich, if it could have been introduced to the system already and if other fish may have gotten it. The fish was in for about a day, could it have spread in that time. Im not really familiar with ich. Thanks for all of the help, I got a good schooling about this and im probably gonna need it down the road.

Squado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:20 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
My black spot ich problems with my yellow tang have gone away since I added a UV.

I think one of my earier fish might have had some regular ich too, they fell off quickly before I could really diagnose, and they haven't come back (its been 3-4 months).

That's the main reason I went with a UV - even if it just helps a little, that's a little less chance of a really big problem.

180G build thread

180G All-glass with dual megaflows in a custom stand
AquaC EV-180 skimmer
250 pounds LR
160 pounds aragonite
Custom acrylic sump from GlassCages.com
2xPCX-40 return pumps
2x250MH 14K, 2x175MH 14K - PFO lighting, 2x65W PC
No-name 36W UV
Water General 125GPH RO/DI
Filstar XP3
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 03:11 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Cramped conditions = stress, stress = ick. Keeping both a koran and a blue tang in a 29gal tank is likely the problem. Way too small.

Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose yet can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!:p
Have a great day! Brian
lando is offline   Reply With Quote

blue tang, tan, tang, white spots

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com