New BTA , a few questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

method0075

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I just got my first BTA and he seems to be ok... My question is that he has placed himself in the direct line of a powerhead and instead of attaching ti the live rock, has attached himself to a giant clump of seeweed in the tank. The spot he is in is not the brightest spot in the tank and I`m wondering if this seems ok to everyone. I have 2 clowns in the tank that I want to host it. But they haven`t noticed the BTA because it`s in the seeweed... Any Advice or should I let nature be?

Let it be. It will eventually find a spot where it is happy with the lighting and flow. Moving it will only stress out the animal and may cause injury. There is no way to predict if your new anemone will even act as a host for the clowns. Just have to wait and see.

My anemone is still on the move to find his favorite home 10 days later. He moves a little every day to find that perfect spot.

The BTA just moved to a peice of LR that is almost at the top of the tank... I stepped away from th tank and computer for like a 1/2 hour and he moved!! Anyway, should I spot feed this little guy or not.

You can try spot-feeding with krill, mysis, zooplankton, silversides...but judging from the advice I've seen on my new BTA, I'd say a weekly feeding should be plenty...maybe only every other week. It will 'feed' off the lighting too.

Back
Top Bottom