New bubble tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ajm

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just picked up a new bubble tip for my maroon finally. I think my maroon is bothering it seeing as once it started hosting a day after I put it in it shrunk. Any suggestions? I have it in a mesh breeding box for now I hope it has enough light

Attachments

• image-825414333.jpg
    image-825414333.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 125
  • image-1726989360.jpg
    image-1726989360.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 111
  • image-3834013552.jpg
    image-3834013552.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 134
All water parameters are and have been steady for months. It's a 7 month old tank established reef and everything else is great so I'm pretty sure it's being bothered

Can you put the net under the light? How did you acclimate it? On paper a clown shouldn't bother it that much to make it shrivel, I was worried when my clowns first hosted my bubble tip because they were really rough with it but was told that was normal and that the nem could handle it.

Can you put the net under the light? How did you acclimate it? On paper a clown shouldn't bother it that much to make it shrivel, I was worried when my clowns first hosted my bubble tip because they were really rough with it but was told that was normal and that the nem could handle it.

I can but I would think my light is too strong. I dripped it in. It was fine this morning until I moved the rock blocking my clown from hosting it

I would be more worried about it not getting the right light and flow than a rough clown. It looks small though, is your maroon big?

I would be more worried about it not getting the right light and flow than a rough clown. It looks small though, is your maroon big?

I was thinking the same that's why I moved it in the first place. My maroon is pretty big yes. I read that size differences can be a problem. Any suggestions? Should I go get a larger nem and hope my clown is attracted?

A clown can kill an anemone. I've seen it a few times already. A very large anemone will be a step in the right direction, or get rid of the maroon and replace it with a mated pair of ocellaris. If the clown went to this anemone, it will go to another.
Turn your fixture down a bit also. They need a long acclimation to the LEDs.

A clown can kill an anemone. I've seen it a few times already. A very large anemone will be a step in the right direction, or get rid of the maroon and replace it with a mated pair of ocellaris. If the clown went to this anemone, it will go to another.
Turn your fixture down a bit also. They need a long acclimation to the LEDs.

Do you think mine looks okay right now?? I really don't wanna lose it. Also I saw my clown seemingly biting the nem, is that normal?

No, that anemone does not look ok. I haven't seen a clown actually bite one, but push against it appearing to bite it. Put the clown in that basket and let the anemone get settled in.

No, that anemone does not look ok. I haven't seen a clown actually bite one, but push against it appearing to bite it. Put the clown in that basket and let the anemone get settled in.

I know it doesn't look okay I meant like it will recover. Okay will do. How long can the clown be in that size basket?

It could recover. How large is the clown? I'm curious to see if the anemone will attach to the rock.

The clown is aprox 3.5~4 inches. The nem is attached in a cave where it isn't being bothered right now and looks still shriveled but recognizably an anemone again. I'm gonna go and get another larger nem in a little bit to hopefully ease the stress

Attachments

• image-3787029827.jpg
    image-3787029827.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 98
I would turn that light down a bit. That's a Taotronics, correct? Maybe less than half.

Ya it is unfortunately its non-dimmable ill put mesh over its selected spot though. Thanks ill get pictures of my new gbta when I get home

The gbta acclimated well it seems. I raised the lights up a bit just in case. The original bta is still in hiding I'm guessing a few days for it to come back out?

Attachments

• image-2129177371.jpg
    image-2129177371.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 87
  • image-1947449899.jpg
    image-1947449899.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 91
Back
Top Bottom