New build 150g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice cabinet. Just wondering after you have everything on your tank it will not sag without a support at the middle.

No it should be ok as there are cross beams made of solid oak from front to back which you can't see, that's one reason I had the cabinet made in solid oak as there is no give. ;-)

Ok so I have been busy on the quite lol.

So I have set the sump up and done all the plumbing. Decided to hard pipe it all as I looks better. Got the new jet return pump rated at 45000ltr an hour. I have put a ball valve on the drain from the tank encase I want to stop the water into the sump, and I have fitted a ball valve to the return pump so I can regulate the flow if needed.

Skimmer is a dymax ls40 rated at 600-1000ltr an hour.

Single T8 light tube across the top for the live rock.

image-3630252754.jpg

image-2583009871.jpg

image-2321113084.jpg

image-995821826.jpg

The light unit came on Wednesday and I'm really pleased with it. It's an all pond solutions 6 tube T5 unit that has 2 blue and 4 white tubes and also has 6 blue led's that are surprisingly bright.

The hole thing has it own hanging bracket that clamps to the side of the tank.

just blue LEDs

image-3096526731.jpg

Blue LEDs and blue tubes

image-3565390041.jpg

Blue LEDs blue tubes and 2 whites

image-637704886.jpg

Blue LEDs blue tubes and 4 whites.

image-439759108.jpg

What ya think?

Attachments

• image-4236210297.jpg
    image-4236210297.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 145
Guinness, looks really good so far. I see you went with the heavy duty PVC piping. Nice choice. I love the last picture. Great aquarium and I'm another huge Vale fan. Go #46!!!

Guinness, looks really good so far. I see you went with the heavy duty PVC piping. Nice choice. I love the last picture. Great aquarium and I'm another huge Vale fan. Go #46!!!

Cheers, yea the heavy duty pipe was a good choice although not cheap lol.

The pic of vale was a present from my partner we are both BIG Rossi fans. Nice to see him on the podium where he belongs. Lets hope he gives Lorenzo a run for his money! Go #46.

Cheers, yea the heavy duty pipe was a good choice although not cheap lol.

The pic of vale was a present from my partner we are both BIG Rossi fans. Nice to see him on the podium where he belongs. Lets hope he gives Lorenzo a run for his money! Go #46.

It's pretty exciting in my house on race day. The Mrs. Is a #99 fan. Hey nobody is perfect. :)

Hi guys, this is the first chance I have had to update you on the progress of the new build.

I have now set up and transferred everything across from my old tank.

image-2958752699.jpg

image-4193529000.jpg

image-2966719740.jpg

image-2450723849.jpg

image-37252409.jpg

image-2840738153.jpg

I did have a problem moving the regal tang across, he bit the net and got it stuck on his mouth and was getting quite stressed, I managed to get it of but 3 days later he has white spot! I'm hoping it goes away as he don't seem stressed now + he has loads more room. He is feeding well and swimming round all the time so fingers crossed for him.

I lost my algae blenny after he got stung by the nem! Not sure weather to take the nem out or not as the clowns host him all the time.

Hope you like the tank. ;-)
I might rescale it as I'm not sure I like it lol.

Hey Guinness,

It looks great so far. Hope the Tang is ok. I love the rimless look. Is that a 150g tall?

Thanks. Yea it's a 150g tall I like the rimless look too. I'm debating taking the sliding lids of, I'm just a bit worried about fish jumping out as I plan on getting a leopard wrasse.

Thanks. Yea it's a 150g tall I like the rimless look too. I'm debating taking the sliding lids of, I'm just a bit worried about fish jumping out as I plan on getting a leopard wrasse.

I put Starfire glass tops on my 90g after 2 Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasses, 3 Bar Gobies, and a Purple Tile Fish all hopped the tank. I love the open top look but like keeping my livestock in the tank more.

Bulk reef supply sells a clear mesh (like screen material) that allows light to pass through as well as allowing adequate gas exchange. It's helpful if you have trouble keeping your ph up (like myself)

Bulk reef supply sells a clear mesh (like screen material) that allows light to pass through as well as allowing adequate gas exchange. It's helpful if you have trouble keeping your ph up (like myself)

Ah that's interesting I will have a look. Do you know if they supply to the uk?

I put Starfire glass tops on my 90g after 2 Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasses, 3 Bar Gobies, and a Purple Tile Fish all hopped the tank. I love the open top look but like keeping my livestock in the tank more.

Yea I don't want to loose any fish cuz if they jump out the cat will get them lol.

Ok just a quick update.

The regal tang still has white spot that's one week now, he is still feeding like crazy and swimming round all day so fingers crossed.

Any idea how long white spot stays on a fish for?

Ok just a quick update.

The regal tang still has white spot that's one week now, he is still feeding like crazy and swimming round all day so fingers crossed.

Any idea how long white spot stays on a fish for?

Are you doing anything to help it? Is it ich? Hippos are very prone to ich, mine also got it. They are almost as bad as powders.

Back
Top Bottom