New build 150g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice tank. Love your stock! I battled a cyano outbreak about 6 months ago. I got new light bulbs and installed a reactor. No cyano now. I have a 135g reef. Did you get the kole tang? I think I might get one. Either that or a whitecheek.

I feed twice a day, no issues or outbreaks. It depends on how much and if it all get consumed IMO. Also a great cuc will help keep your trates down by eating excess food and dietris.

Nice tank. Love your stock! I battled a cyano outbreak about 6 months ago. I got new light bulbs and installed a reactor. No cyano now. I have a 135g reef. Did you get the kole tang? I think I might get one. Either that or a whitecheek.

No I didn't get the kole tang, I went for the magnificent fox face instead. My bulbs are only 3 months old, an my media in the reactor is only a week old so it shouldn't be those that are causing the problem with Cyno.

I feed twice a day, no issues or outbreaks. It depends on how much and if it all get consumed IMO. Also a great cuc will help keep your trates down by eating excess food and dietris.

Yea I think I have been putting too much food in at one time. I have more than halved the amount I feed now, still twice a day but nowhere near as much.

I feed my fish everyday, rotating between frozen food and NLS pellets. I have no issues. AND I need to get a bigger CUC lol

Yea I think I have been putting too much food in at one time. I have more than halved the amount I feed now, still twice a day but nowhere near as much.
This is a great start. Cyno is also a flow issue, when there is need of it, it tends to grow. Maybe add a powerhead where your getting the growth and see if that helps.

I feed my fish everyday, rotating between frozen food and NLS pellets. I have no issues. AND I need to get a bigger CUC lol

Lol I need some more cuc too. Think I know why I have Cyno. My kh is at 16 and my ph is at 7.9 so I Added some ph buffer and that has dropped the kh to 12 and raised the ph to 8.2. It's not an instant one it takes two days to go up so it's very gradual. Just hope it sorts the Cyno out.

This is a great start. Cyno is also a flow issue, when there is need of it, it tends to grow. Maybe add a powerhead where your getting the growth and see if that helps.

Yea I have got loads of flow, I have 3 x 5100LH and 1 x 4500LH power heads + a 4500LH return pump. I have moved one power head so it's blowing over the Cyno.

Ok so Cyno has all cleared up and is no more wooooo hooooooo! Think the problem was the KH was to high at 20ppm it's now down to 12ppm

I'm so excited right now. I have ordered a box of hard corals from work, I'm going to split the cost with my mate, works out we should have 12 corals each.

I have ordered the following

1 X special Metallic green hammer M
1 X torch coral M
1X sun coral M
1X candy cane M
1 X plate coral M
1 X red guineapora M

And a few others but can't remember what lol.
Just hope what comes is nice. The list might change as we had to put subs down too just encase they don't have everything we want.

They will be here about 5pm tomorrow! ;-0

Well all corals in the tank! Really pleased the candy cane is massive at least 20 heads, torch coral has pink tips and 4 heads, special metallic hammer is really nice and a good size, red goniopora not settled yet, red organ pipe coral, not settled yet, pearl coral, not settled yet, orange plate coral, not settled yet, green goniopora good size, sun coral orange nice size, crater cup coral (not sure what that is lol) and something I have absolutely no idea what the hell it is just looks like live rock some sort of tube worm thing. Latin name Is porites spp anyone got any ideas?

They have only been in the tank for about 2 hours now, after a fresh RO water dip.

Pics will follow once they are settled in properly.

Back
Top Bottom