New bulb Anemone is under rocks???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erawtik

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just put him in yesterday and today noticed he is at the bottom under my rock should i move him out to the light? Or will he move on his own? And if i need to move him what is the safest way to get him and where should i place him?

He will move when he finds a spot he likes. Sounds like he likes it under that rock if he moved there himself.

Generally has to do with water flow and lighting conditions. I've a GTA that does the exact same thing. He just stretchs out into the light when he is ready. Drives me crazy since he is hanging upside down during the night. But if he is happy. Plus hermits have a harder time bugging him as well.

You could move your water flow devices around a little, but that creates other issues if they are already well placed.

If you "really" must move him then just move the rock. It's not too nice to go and try to pluck him off the rock and move him. Flip the rock over is all I need to do on mine but I'm just going to leave it alone for now myself.

he is actually on the sand bed not on any rock. There is very little light even going to him that is what bothered me. Wasnt sure how well the can move themselves around but if he can move himself out when he wants il leave him be. Would be nice to see him out so the 3 clowns could interact with him.

Give him time. He will look around for a better spot I'm sure. Mine moved about 3-5 times in the last three months. Just wanted to find a better spot. If you just got him he might be getting adjusted as well. Did you acclimate him correctly?

Mine did the same thing. I couldn't even see it for about 6 months and then it re-emerged. It has since stayed in approximately the same spot on top of the rocks. I'm not sure if it's coincidence, but it stopped roaming my tank at the same time my clown made friends with it. If you have any powerheads or other intakes you might want to cover them with foam. Anemones have a way of find them and getting sucked in.

Back
Top Bottom