New Chemical Qs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Z

zacdl

I got the Cbalance 2 in 1 Alk/CA stuff.

Does anyone have any experiance with this stuff? How much do I need to add per week?

Also, to get it to the right level, should I add some to the water (A capful maybe?) and tomorrow take it to LFS and see what the levels are?

Keep doing that until they are the correct level, and then just add however many capfuls it took per week??

The bottle also says I have to add equal amounts of both CA and Alk stuff so I cant just add the CA or just add the ALK.

Now onto the Iiodine stuff.
It says for beginners use 1 capful per 50 gallons (about half a cap for me) every other day.

So should I just use half a cap every 2 days and be fine?

Adding Chemicals is not the answer right now. First off, do you know what your current ALK and CA levels are at?

I personally always been against adding chemicals to tanks, they work like antibiotics, they fix something then screw something else... :eyes:

zac,

you can't go by what it says on the bottle.

your going to have to test the water if you want to be totally safe about it.

I was planning on asking questions about it in the meanwhile, because I need to have the water tested at the LFS for Calcium.

You should have purchased a Ca kit when you got the c-balance. You really can't be dosing this stuff without constant monitoring in the beginning. When you know how much you use each day and how much "a capful" adjusts your water then you'll know how much you need to add each week, divided by 7 days and that's the amount you'll dose each day. Unless you're going to make daily trips to the LFS for a week you're really going to need your own test kits. Also until your numers are in balance you're going to have to move one higher, faster than the other. You may use more of one than the other on an ongoing basis... only testing will tell you for sure. Now go out and get those test kits.

Back
Top Bottom