new clarkii clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0o.Kelsey.o0

Aquarium Advice Addict
welll new to the store haha. They just got them in today so im going to look at them tomorrow, I wanted ocellaris clowns because they are categorized as the least aggressive online. Here are some pics that the store sent me
clarki.jpg
clarkii.jpg
clarkiii.jpg

They look really neat. Does anyone have any comments of the ocellaris vs the clarkii??

As far as I know ocellaris are less aggressive.

But those are some interesting patterns on those guys though!

just wanted to say that those guys look pretty cool!
what are they charging for them?

They were very cool, and also very small. A lady was purchasing them when i got to the store. Which was fine since i decided against the clarkii due to aggression possibilities. They were sold for 198 each or 340 for the pair. I did get a couple of perculas clown fish for $90 each with very nice markings, i will post pictures of them probably tomorrow, the lights are all off now. We also brought home an achilles tang for our larger tank so everyone wish me luck with him, they are labeled as expert.

Wow....are those prices normal for Canada? I know ones with different markings and such can go for a hefty price, but the perculas... around $30 a piece in my neck of the woods.

PM ryshark if you are having trouble, he's had one for a while now. IMO the most beautiful tang there is.

Definitely can't wait to see the clowns, at that price they better be pretty!

haha yah they had some regular ones for around 30, these were suppose to be a better grade or something. They looked pretty normal to me except for the two that i got. It is the only saltwater fish store in the city so i cant really compare prices. The achilles tang is an adult and we paid 189 for him, liveaquaria sells his size for 300. I usually look on liveaquaria to try and compare prices, probably not that accurate though haha.

And thanks corey I will definitely contact ryshark if we have troubles with him eating, I'm sure he will have some helpful hints.

I got nice looking ocellaris for 15$ a piece here. :). Flame angel for 25. No diseases, eats normal... Great prices!!

Flames i think for about 55 here. His fish are all always healthy and eating very well which im glad about, some places have great prices but terrible upkeep. Those sound like great deals though, our LFS is probably a bit overpriced here but he is the only one and I don't think Saskatoon has such a big market for saltwater fish, i don't mind paying a little extra to keep him open haha.

Pics will come soon :), we just let both the clowns out and the tang. Going to give them some time with the lights off.

Back
Top Bottom