new cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

captdavefields

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i justed addded a small cleaner shrimp to my 90gal tank. I have a small clown, two small damsels and 3 emarald crabs... all small. I just moved and got my tank set back up about 2 months ago. it is my first cleaner shrimp. i have around 50 or 60lbs of live rock. Could something have eaten him or is he just hiding?

They will hide the first couple days and 9/10 times also molt when moved to a new tank which will cause him to hide even more.. give it a week and he should be out and about like normal. I've got three in my 46 mixed reef and LOVE them haha

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121013_105846.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121013_105846.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 93
Ive got two in my tank 1 hides most the time and is quite shy and one is always out on show

Mrc8858 said:
They will hide the first couple days and 9/10 times also molt when moved to a new tank which will cause him to hide even more.. give it a week and he should be out and about like normal. I've got three in my 46 mixed reef and LOVE them haha

Very true! I've got 2 in my 125, and when I got each of them I didn't see them for a couple days, thinkin they got eaten or died... But then all of a sudden they both just appeared a few days later and now they're out and about all the time. They're an absolute blast to watch at feeding time

Back
Top Bottom