new cleanner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Derdy88

Aquarium Advice Regular
alright still pretty new at this i have a 36 gal tank with live rock and currently have mushrooms kenya tree waiving hands. the tank has cycled but now im getting brown algae all over everything i heard this is just a way of confirming the cycle. i have been told the brown will slowly start decreasing after it peaks. i have 10 small hermits along with a new cleanner shrimp i i just got today. he should be good in there should he not. he seems to be nibbling at the rock since i have to fish do you think he can survive on just my 30lbs of live rock for 2 weeks untill i get my clows ? any tips or anything i should be feeding him thank you

oh and also my tank was getting hot about 83 degrees. so i took the canopy off and have a fan going and it brought it back down to 78-80 but now my light is just sitting on the tank. i have been told to get legs for it. but cant seems to find any... anyone one know of a way to get it off the tank i heard the lights with catch fire. im not sure how. my light ficture has a piece of plexiglass that slides in to cover the light . does that make a difference or do i still need to get it off the tank

The shrimp will scavage. You can add a little bit of food for them to eat.
It would be best to get the lights off of the tank. What kind (brand/model) is the fixture?

its a current uas fixture i think its a 96W 50 50 pc light anyway i can get it off the tank without suspending it from the ceilling its too high to do so

Back
Top Bottom