New Clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carried

Aquarium Advice Activist
I think they are so cute.

Attachments

• image-3882599256.jpg
    image-3882599256.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 185
  • image-258890337.jpg
    image-258890337.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 186
Nice, love em . Just had my snowflake and false lay eggs for the first, amazing fish

I was told they were black ice clowns. What is the difference between snowflakes and black ice clowns?

circus clowns said:
Nice, love em . Just had my snowflake and false lay eggs for the first, amazing fish

That's awesome. Hope mine will do that later on.

I was told they were black ice clowns. What is the difference between snowflakes and black ice clowns?

Black ice clownfish is a crossbreed of a snowflake with a black ocellaris in an attempt to get a black snowflake.... they just haven't gotten there yet.

image-1885707542.jpg

Here's a pic of my sustained aquatics snowflake for comparison. I'd say yours has more black so probably is a black ice, Ive heard that in snowflakes that only a few of the spawn are snowflakes and most turn out to be regular clowns, I think its true perc, or it may be occelaris. Can't remember. But basically Is going to be a variation in the coloring of the individual fry.

Pic of the father and his newly laid eggs

Attachments

• image-932214367.jpg
    image-932214367.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 81
I paid $150 for my pair. I know an insane amount for a clown. I could have bought a very similar clown right next to the ones I bought for $20 ea. but I love the snowflakes vibrant color, mine had some blue around the edges of the white, but it has faded some as they have matured, so somewhere down the line I bet there will be blue clowns.
Also I live near Nashville and sustained aquatics is very close to me and I like to support what they are doing. They are kinda like ORA

Back
Top Bottom