New Coco worm and feather duster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meganinez

Aquarium Advice Regular
image-3636251060.jpg

image-1270811967.jpg

Had them for a week now.
Both are beautiful and only paid 7$ for the coco worm and 10$ for the duster

Meganinez said:
Had them for a week now.
Both are beautiful and only paid 7$ for the coco worm and 10$ for the duster

Coco worm for 7$ is a steal there like 25 around here

You guys ever see a rock with a bunch of coco worms on it? I think it's a type of coral called porite and they call them Xmas tree rocks, they are really cool looking blue zoo aquatics had one for sale a while back for like $200,

Saratj1 said:
You guys ever see a rock with a bunch of coco worms on it? I think it's a type of coral called porite and they call them Xmas tree rocks, they are really cool looking blue zoo aquatics had one for sale a while back for like $200,

The small brown polyps require lil stronger lighting the worms themselves however dont if you put it under low lighting the rock will turn white

danbstrong said:
The small brown polyps require lil stronger lighting the worms themselves however dont if you put it under low lighting the rock will turn white

200$ seems expensive how big is it¿

View attachment 110197

Here's a pic from a magazine of what I'm talking about. I think the one I saw for sale was maybe a little smaller than a basketball, I can't remember it was a month ago when I saw it they may not have it anymore.

crister13 said:
Wow that's gorgeous. I think they may need spot feeding though. I heard that somewhere.

That makes since 200$ for lil smaller than basketball i paid like 60$ for softball size i didn spot feed it but the whole thing is covered in tiny brown polyps and it needs strong lighting the worms themselves are just filter feeders

crister13 said:
Wow that's gorgeous. I think they may need spot feeding though. I heard that somewhere.

Yes it says in the magazine that they don't do well in sps reef tanks because the water is generally too clean for them to get enough food.

Back
Top Bottom