New company

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lionfish55

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Wanting to ad some coral. Any ideas on good hardy coral? Also wanting to ad a mandarin to tank as well, can I train him to mysis shrimp?

EriksFish315 said:
Hardy corals from my experience would be zoas polyps Duncan Xenia frogspawn are all hardy corals.

Thank u. I have five mushrooms now and doing good, will try some polyps next!

Lionfish55 said:
Wanting to ad some coral. Any ideas on good hardy coral? Also wanting to ad a mandarin to tank as well, can I train him to mysis shrimp?

If you lights allow you coral mushrooms are very easy.
As for the mandarin you will need to add trigger pods to you tank and let them colonize for six weeks(I put a new container of pods in my tank every two weeks for six weeks before getting mine).
you will not be able to buy and train him/her off the bat to eat shrimp.
They are beautiful and I love mine :), and at around $30 they are a easy buy, but beware the trigger pod containers add up at $20 a pop. (plus i buy a new bottle of them every month for her.)
If you have the patients to add the pods and wait six weeks it is worth it. They are beautiful and fun to watch :)

Just read you have mushrooms try a frogspawn they are beautiful :)

Great thanks everyone!! Im going to try some frogspawn and polyps next. Is the flow moderate on them guys? My wifes bringing home our mandarin this evening so excite, im using copepods hope thats alright been adding for 3 weeks now.

Back
Top Bottom