New Condy Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neeker4

Aquarium Advice Activist
Picked up a condy today. Has already eaten, and looks to be doing well so far!
photo[1].jpg

Hope you have enough light for it. That's pretty bleached. They won't stay that color either, provided they have enough light. It'll turn brown-ish when it becomes healthy.

MrPeon99 said:
Hope you have enough light for it. That's pretty bleached. They won't stay that color either, provided they have enough light. It'll turn brown-ish when it becomes healthy.

Yes. Indeed. I have one that was that nice white purply color but now Its brown.. Meaning healthy.. Lol. I want it out soon

I do happen to have metal hallides so I assumed that will be enough light for the condy to do well. The picture was taken on my iphone so it does make it look a little bleached. It has a nice purple tip on every arm(if thats what they are called) and a little more coloration than is shown in the picture. Emelinda, why do you want to remove it? Do they cause problems as they mature. I don't plan on doing much along the lines of corals so I figured this would be a nice way to add something to look at in my tank other than fish and rocks.

For a Fowlr system this condy wont really cause too many problems. although it will probably move around a bit till it finds somewhere it likes.

neeker4 said:
I do happen to have metal hallides so I assumed that will be enough light for the condy to do well. The picture was taken on my iphone so it does make it look a little bleached. It has a nice purple tip on every arm(if thats what they are called) and a little more coloration than is shown in the picture. Emelinda, why do you want to remove it? Do they cause problems as they mature. I don't plan on doing much along the lines of corals so I figured this would be a nice way to add something to look at in my tank other than fish and rocks.

No problems.. Moved a little bit...IMO it just looks ugly now that it's "healthy"... What attracted me to it was the color when I first purchased it.. Somewhat like the way yours looks now

Back
Top Bottom