New coral!! Check out!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondachico

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got this new frogspawn in my tank, what you guys think?

Attachments

• image-1277380215.jpg
    image-1277380215.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 194
Thanks man, still getting acclimated to the light on sat it moves just don't know where.

I would try and put it low on the rok structure, but the heads should be as farfrom the rock as possible so that it can fully open :) mine got so big that the sides hit the rocks, so its not as open

Real nice , I have a hammer and have been wanting a frog spawn for a lil while now >_< . Grats to you !

Newfiereefer said:
Real nice , I have a hammer and have been wanting a frog spawn for a lil while now >_< . Grats to you !

It was unexpected for me I went to my coral guy and he had a frogspawn for cheap and I took the deal only 15 bucks for the one I have

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I would try and put it low on the rok structure, but the heads should be as farfrom the rock as possible so that it can fully open :) mine got so big that the sides hit the rocks, so its not as open

How about flow? Which flow should I put it in?

Low flow :) mine opens up with medium flow, but when it was low that thing would extend SOO far, it was cool

Hondachico said:
It was unexpected for me I went to my coral guy and he had a frogspawn for cheap and I took the deal only 15 bucks for the one I have

Good deal on that for sure. Haven't been to my good coral guy in a bit , keep a eye on his FB page though for the good stuff. A 2 hour drive I don't mind as long as im coming home with nice corals, my LFS sells corals for such high priced it's not even funny , a white 3 headed duncan for 180..... Not cool, so far I think I've spent that for ALL my other corals.

Newfiereefer said:
Good deal on that for sure. Haven't been to my good coral guy in a bit , keep a eye on his FB page though for the good stuff. A 2 hour drive I don't mind as long as im coming home with nice corals, my LFS sells corals for such high priced it's not even funny , a white 3 headed duncan for 180..... Not cool, so far I think I've spent that for ALL my other corals.

Yea same here, I've never bought corals from my lfs always from people that frag, I have a torch,candy cane,frogspawn,star polyps, yellow polyps and green bay packer zoas and I have only spent 65 bucks which I think is great.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Low flow :) mine opens up with medium flow, but when it was low that thing would extend SOO far, it was cool

Ok cool mine right now is in medium to high but it's just there to acclimate to the light have to see where to put it after he's cool with the light

Hondachico said:
Yea same here, I've never bought corals from my lfs always from people that frag, I have a torch,candy cane,frogspawn,star polyps, yellow polyps and green bay packer zoas and I have only spent 65 bucks which I think is great.

I do still get mine from a fish store , but he is not a greedy dick and has set up a shop at his hole so super low overhead cost which means he can sell for dirt cheep ^_^. Wish I could find someone who frags although $10 a mushroom is great if u ask me ^_^. I can drive there and back get 2-4 nice corals , and still not spend as much for one coral from my LFS :-/ .. Gawd **** greedy chain store bastards!

Do you guys think my frogspawn looks better now that I moved him from high flow??

Attachments

• image-537551256.jpg
    image-537551256.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 93
Looks really nice Chico! Ya, LPS like that def don't like high flow, med- low is just right!

Yea I got him just where he wants to be because he moves back and forth where he was before he was just going one way, now it actually looks like he's in nature

Flreefer said:
Looks really nice Chico! Ya, LPS like that def don't like high flow, med- low is just right!

Yeah i put me hammer in a low- med area and opens up nice and big like that. Mine is doubt head , I have mine in the rock work , facing the front glass more , I find it causes it to reach right for the light

Attachments

• image-117369727.jpg
    image-117369727.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 105
Back
Top Bottom