New coral...New problem!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul87

Aquarium Advice Addict
I picked up a really nice green flowerpot coral yesterday a little smaller than a baseball when closed up. I thought I had the perfect place for it and now I realize I did. I got to moving all of my rockwork around and I can't get it the same way or a way I want it. Its so frustrating! I've been moving it around today with a little luck still not sure I'm happy with it. So that's the problem. Besides that what is the best placement for this coral? I read alot of mixed reviews on it and the Guy at the lfs said it likes alot of light and moderate flow. Here's a pic of my tank now. It was extended but I just got done messing with everything. Trying to position these powerheads good without disturbing my sand. Still haven't got that perfect either.

ForumRunner_20120927_172937.jpg

Also I'm wondering if this coral needs to be up top right under light or can it he placed on the sand bed.

I keep mine in the sandbed. I have had it in the middle, top, and bottom of my tank under radions. It didn't really seem to care until it just started to slowly die in typical flowerpot fashion. My water is just too clean for one.

I keep mine on the sand bed with good flow. It will be two years old this November. I feed it snow or oyster eggs twice a week along with 2 clowns that host it.

image-2733911144.jpg

sehrhart said:
i keep mine on the sand bed with good flow. It will be two years old this november. I feed it snow or oyster eggs twice a week along with 2 clowns that host it.

image-1523542446.jpg

image-1121789867.jpg

Looks very nice. Mine is identical in color but mine is smaller. I have mine up top. I've been feeding it Feeding Frenzy. Its oyster eggs, pods and other stuff.

ForumRunner_20120929_201354.jpg

ForumRunner_20120929_201450.jpg

Actually mine is more green and looks alittle different upon further observation.

Back
Top Bottom