New Coral Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdpuffer

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I am looking for some new coral for my tank after I stupidly nuked a bunch. I have my heart set on a few- orange torch, blueberry gorgonian, sun coral, red monti cap, and I will likely try to replace my rainbow monti. I am looking for suggestions on some nice types of coral (specifically SPS) but am open to all coral ideas. I do want to get various colors and limit the greens. So lets see what you can come up with.

Get a pocillipora. I have 2 in my tank, green and pink/green. Great growth.
That and a Marshall island latana, yellow with blue polyps, very fast growth. Just have to watch your phosphates as it'll brown.
There is a pink stylopora as well that Ora put out about a year ago. Under real high lighting it is light pink but when not under direct gets more maroon, which I prefer.
A red planet acro also needs to be on your list, large red color with light green base when shading gets involved.

I posted a thread on a local forum and was contacted by a guy who has some really nice stuff. A forest fire monti is one of the items I'm getting off him. Along with a tri colored sps, strawberry shortcake, along with some milliporas staghorn and purple digi.

That is some nice stuff!! Local reefers are great friends.i got 2 rainbow,1 superman montipora, neon green birds nest and a blue noob arco( something like that) all larger than lfs frags for $30. Awesome guy to!

I can get a superman digi from this guy too which i may do. Knowing me ill get one of everything once I see it lol. I had a rainbow monti and it was awesome, lost it in the crash.

There are many different colors and types of brain coral that might appeal to your taste.

Well I have a favia that survived the apocalypse, bright green one. I think I am going to try to build up my sps and only add an orange torch for LPS. Once things start growing in again I may add more LPS and softies. Sps is so much more peaceful, don't have to worry about stinging as much.

YUP :) the owner is a nice guy and he has very nice corals. I always visit him once in a while to check what he has.

kdpuffer, try to join local forums I'm sure there are people in Alberta that has plenty of beautiful corals :)

If you read one of my previous posts above you will see that I am already a member on a local forum and am getting some sweet coral from a local guy. I will check that website out too.

Ok so I checked out that website and they have some really nice stuff. My only concern is the FedEx shipping, I have to look into if they have a FedEx holding location in town. They even have the torch coral I want- yipee

Back
Top Bottom