New feather duster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dylan p

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got a feather duster last week. I've been worried that it wasn't happy in my aquarium because it wouldn't come out but last night after the lights were out I could see it poking out and IT DOESNT HAVE A CROWN!!! There's no reason for this post. I just need to tell someone how mad that makes me. When I first started salt water I had a feather duster and it was my favorite thing in the aquarium

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They can drop their crowns when they are stressed.

However, in my experience, they usually die after they drop their crowns. I gave up trying them after a while. They are one of my favorites as well.

Ya just upset because I've always got my stuff off this site and never had a problem. I'm not to worried about it dying because it's pretty lively. I moved it a couple times before I found out it didn't have a crown and every time I can deal it hit the sides like it's trying to attack me. With my old one I was careless and got a porcupine puffer and it kept biting it off but it grew back every time. Worst fish I've ever had

Don't give up on it! Mine has lost its crown twice and it just grew back. If you gently squeeze it's tube you'll feel it jump a bit. I hope you didn't throw it away.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Nope I've had them b4 they take like a month to get them back I just wish I could enjoy it now instead of a month from now

Feather dusters getting its crown back

First time it's been out since I've noticed it didn't have a crownImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416201509.457354.jpg

Back
Top Bottom