New filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smarkalan83

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have 55g tank w bio wheel 350, bio wheel 250, and single protein skimmer... I have had this setup since I set tank up 2 yrs ago .. I occasionally change the carbon in bio wheels but never the wheels themselves... Should I keep this setup... Reason im asking is I got a great deal on a bak pak dual pak protein skimmer should I use that instead ... I don't have room for sump in the tank stand it is too small .... Would it be worth changing or should I leave it alone thanks

Attachments

• image-3144860022.jpg
    image-3144860022.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 64
I already have a protein skimmer on my tank I was wondering if this could take the place of the skimmer and the 2 bio wheels

I have a similar issue. I want to remove the refugium on my 125g and get a mosnter skimmer instead. But everyone keeps telling me to leave well enough alone. lol I really wanna try it but what if the grass isnt greener on the other side? HAHA

I know this is off subject but I have a 5" hippo tang that is very active very bright and always eats I have been feeding every other day but last 2 days I notice her ribs a lot more than before I have fed a few more times yesterday and today and like I said she is eating a lot... Is there any other reason why she is getting so skinny I would hate to lose her ... Thanks

Ya I guess everyone is right I will save that for when I get a bigger tank

Back
Top Bottom