New fire fish are weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stryder

Aquarium Advice Regular
:?
Hello all,

I just got a couple of firefish gobys and they are very strange...they are in the bottom in a little cave and seem to want to stay there. They were up and swimming around, eating and everything yesterday (day 1). No other fish bothered them at all and now this morning they seem to not want to get out of bed. They look happy enough, it's just odd. They missed meal 1 today as well.........any thoughts?

THanks!!

Pretty much normal for this type of fish. They will cower just as much from seeing you as a troublesome tankmate. If you do not suspect another fish harassing them, stand across the room and observe them. Chances are they just need to get used to the movements outside the tank.

What other fish do you have?

Cheers
Steve

Sounds like normal goby behavior. I have a yellow watchman goby and pretty much hangs out in his cave. He will come out every now and again but not too often. As for the eating, do not worry too much about it. If they are new they are still adjusting to their new home. give them a few days to settle in. On a side note, I just got a pistol shrimp for my goby and theyare hillarious to watch together.

Back
Top Bottom