New fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotty09

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any ideas of a fish to add to my 68 gallon tank got a clown , a blue cheek goby , a blue cleaner wars , a regal tank and a lipstick tang

I would look at something small. You are probably getting close to maxing out the bioload for that tank. I really like yellowhead jawfish. They are very interesting to watch as they make burrows.

I want a dwaf angle fish any suggestions welcome or butterfly I know the risk too

I use it to see how your bio-load is. that's not the only measure of if you've got too many fish IMO though. Swimming room, or lack thereof can cause stress and illness. I agree you shuld only think about adding smaller fish. Gobies. Blennies, etc.

I think you've got too many medium to large swimmers in there and should consider not doing any angels, dwarfs or otherwise.

Here are some pics it's my first tank been going 4 months I'm a beginner

Attachments

• image-1505158222.jpg
    image-1505158222.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 96
  • image-96123150.jpg
    image-96123150.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 96
  • image-1829053168.jpg
    image-1829053168.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 88
  • image-2782744775.jpg
    image-2782744775.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 99
It's a very nice looking tank. If it has been running for 4 months i would really suggest waiting to add anything. You have added quite a few fish in a relativly short amount of time. It will take a little bit for the bio filtration of your tank to catch up and the tank to mature.

I agree with austinsdad. Even if you are not having issues with bioload right now you do have a lot of active swimmers in the tank. Both butterflys and angels are going to be competing for the same space as many of your existing fish. When you add your next fish i would really suggest something that is a bottom dweller or something that will stay on the rocks. Gobies, blennies, and jawfish would all be good options.

Ok cool thxs I'm pretty new but doing ok I think gonna spend 200 pound next on a proper wave machine get the flow up

sounds good. That will make your tangs very happy. Be careful which power heads you use with a wave maker. I picked up some of the new korali PHs that are advertised to work with wavemakers now but they were crap. I would consider saving for the vortechs. They are expensive but i have never heard anyway say a bad word about them.

I'm getting a vortech lol order it last week should give enough flow alone

I have a 90gallon set up but it actually has to be taken down in about a week because i will be moving.

Oh dear scary times then must be hard work u got alot of live stock

Back
Top Bottom