Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Critter trap

Old 04-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist

I would think it would be easy to catch cleaner shrimp, every time I stick my hand in the tank to work my cleaner jumps on and cleans me.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanG View Post
I would think it would be easy to catch cleaner shrimp, every time I stick my hand in the tank to work my cleaner jumps on and cleans me.
+1 mine does the same thing! It freaks me out though haha
Old 04-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Regular

Lmao they are really quick though
Old 04-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I am not trying to start anything here. But I find it funny how this guy who has done some homework and has the foresight to ask about the tangs gets lectured. But in another post a member who has a tank similar in size and happens to be a pretty girl post her tank on here and has like 3 tangs and no one says a word about it. Just a observation is all.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:15 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Regular

I happen to be a pro tang person in the sense that i dont flip out when someone wants to put a couple of tangs in a smaller size tank (smaller than 75). But some people tend to make it obvious that they feel VERY VERY strongly about a tangs "rights". Tang arguments are getting old and most of them are widely based on emotion instead of fact. I feel that if someone wants to put three tangs in a 55 gallon tank they should be able to do so without getting harassed and badgered, while getting concrete information that will help them rather than just put them down.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:58 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by STP wellsophyllia View Post
I happen to be a pro tang person in the sense that i dont flip out when someone wants to put a couple of tangs in a smaller size tank (smaller than 75). But some people tend to make it obvious that they feel VERY VERY strongly about a tangs "rights". Tang arguments are getting old and most of them are widely based on emotion instead of fact. I feel that if someone wants to put three tangs in a 55 gallon tank they should be able to do so without getting harassed and badgered, while getting concrete information that will help them rather than just put them down.
I totally agree with you. I think if you want a smaller tang for a lil while and then switch it out when it gets bigger which takes some time is totally ok. I was just commenting on the fact that it didn't take not even a page on ur post before someone said something about it. And on another post that's like 15 pages long no one said a word is all.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:10 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Concrete information yes, but justification for not trying to help a new comer not make his next post "why does my tang have white spots?" Thats when i get in trouble for pointing out the same old same old. Tangs are in general not as simple to keep IMO as they are easily stressed if not housed and fed properly. Certainly a 1" tang in a 55 is good for a few years, but if you are successful, it will grow pretty fast. It was always hard to give up the fish when it got big, so the tanks got larger and larger at my house. Beware. I am not sure there is a cure for this or any going back.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Freak

I saw a video of a tank on YouTube that kinda made me sick. It looked like maybe a 50 gallon no bigger than 75. I know pics and videos make things look smaller but I at least know it wasn't big enough. they had a huge powder blue tang, yellow tang, naso tang, 2 of those big fancy angels I think one is called an emperor angel? 2 triggers, a freakin Moorish idol, and I saw an ocellaris clownfish cowering under a rock. And I'm not exaggerating. That's when I'm like ok you shouldn't have those fish in there.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

Anyways my kole tang did good in my 75 before I switched to the 120 gallon. Until he got stuck under a rock he was my favorite fish. he would swim all over the place. He was the coolest to watch. When you look for a tang just make sure he's out swimming and not hiding. And in regards to what some people were saying I didn't know white tail bristletooth tangs were that rare. I've seen 3 in the past couple months. One at each of the stores I go to. Guess I should of gotten one.

Tags
new fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com