New fish and problems please help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondachico

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just bought a gold stripe maroon clown and my tomini is bullying it should it be a problem?? Help asap

Probably just figuring out who is the new boss. How big is your tank and what other fish? Maroons are usually aggressive, so I think the Tomini is gonna get a lesson in bullying.

Probably just figuring out who is the new boss. How big is your tank and what other fish? Maroons are usually aggressive, so I think the Tomini is gonna get a lesson in bullying.

I have chromis, pistol shrimp, cleaner shrimp,goby and then those two, I was looking at his fins today and they are a little cut, any recommendations

May just be being territorial best thing to do if it persists is tank the tang out for short while if you have somewhere to keep him or rearrange the rocks

I put the maroon in this is this fine

Attachments

• image-149606032.jpg
    image-149606032.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 76
when i added my midas after having a clownfish dominate alone for a few months, they def had a few nip battles. It subsided in a few weeks, but one eventually died...but during the time i did research and it was something along the lines of establishing dominance

Wow he is gorgeous.

Thank you that's the reason I got him because all the other gold stripes I've seen we're faded orange like a light yellow with a light gold stripe this one is very dark with both colors and loved his colors

when i added my midas after having a clownfish dominate alone for a few months, they def had a few nip battles. It subsided in a few weeks, but one eventually died...but during the time i did research and it was something along the lines of establishing dominance

What do you think I should do?

I would take them both out put them in separate buckets if possible, then rearrange the tank a bit then put the new fish in then the "old" one. That may help a bit.

I would take them both out put them in separate buckets if possible, then rearrange the tank a bit then put the new fish in then the "old" one. That may help a bit.

Ok thanks I will try that out

i had to move my rock around so my midas could hide, otherwise they would both constantly be out in the open

i wouldnt exactly recommend that i was just desparate, not sure what to do, otherwise my fish would probably be alive XD

Back
Top Bottom