new fish for 28 gal nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0o.Kelsey.o0

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am looking for a new fish for my 28 gallon nano since my maroon clown has been moved to another tank. I want one that is colorful and swims around the middle. The fish i currently have in the tank are a tribal blenny (black and stays in his hole mostly), a black clown goby (sits on the rocks and corals), a mandarin, a diamond sandsifter (stays in sand), and a yellow watchman goby (also stays in his home under the rock). As you can see they are all pretty hidden fish.

I was thinking a dwarf angel of some sort. Possibilities: flameback angel, flame angel, lemonpeel angel

any other suggestions? Recommendations on angels? Has anyone had any of these angels?

If it seems too stocked the tribal blenny can be moved to a larger tank (I was planning to do so, but then he seems so happy that I just left him)

The dwarf angel would be a pretty good choice provided there is not any corals in the tank or not going to be any in the future. Coral beauty or flame angel aew some good ones.

yes there is corals but its kinda a hit or miss with the angels isn't it? We have a coral beauty in our large tank (which leaves all the corals alone thankfully), so i don't think ill get another. Has anyone had any of the three i listed in a reef? My friend says he loves his flameback and that is has left his corals alone (i believe his tank is a 30 gal, maybe 40). The flamebacks are quite expensive here though, i purchased one on sale for 80 but it died in the quarentine tank:( i think he had a rough car ride home sadly. I'd love to get another but it depends on what the full price would be i guess...anywayss more feedback pls

They say hit or miss but I had my dwarfs yrs ago almost wreck my tank. I had to tear the whole tank down. I can only share my experience and that is they can tear your corals up. I would not put them in with corals. I`ve made that pledge.

This one is not colorful but definetely up there. How about a Banggai Cardinal Fish?

Sorry! I completely forgot to reply to this! :( I thought i had, anyways i still haven't picked a fish..my LFS did get some flame angels in and a multicolored angel in. I didn't get either though since i think id try the flameback angel if i were to do an angel. The banggai cardinals are nice but we have a mated pair in the large tank and i wanted something more colorful to brighten my tank up. I was then thinking maybe a clown fish or a pair of clown fish, is there any that wont get too big for the tank? The only clown fish I've ever had was the maroon and i know he would get way too big!

The flasher wrasse lookes kinda neat. I just glanced at them, there looks to be a few small reef safe wrasses that might possibly work. Thanks!

Haven't updated this but i did end up getting the flameback angel :) I also got a small dusky wrasse and a new sandsifting goby since my last one died from a possible head injury. Here are some pics of the three new guys.

img_1229218_0_52c209a1d68ef9798c84433318ddb162.jpg

Dusky wrasse

img_1229218_1_6d27404c9ad5d24ea38cba543c4f94f3.jpg

Flameback Angel

img_1229218_2_2c87b0cb25d3dbda8e5370dd37f6c008.jpg

Wrasse and Angel

img_1229218_3_de86452fff58c3084f2c6ca73040cedd.jpg

Angel and Longfinned Sandsifting Goby

So far nobody has picked at any corals and everyone seems to be getting along. The wrasse does disappear for a few days though (anyone know why they do this?)

The tank now has a tribal blenny, watchman goby, mandarin, wrasse, angel, and clown goby. Overstocked?

mandarin? im worried for it, is it eating prepared foods?

and that last picture, are those some mushrooms on the wall of the tank? LOL

Yup the mandarin eats pretty much anything..blood worms, mysis, brine, i think ill try flakes and squid today and see if he likes that too haha. The tank also has alot of amphipods but i am worried the wrasse might be keeping that population lower than normal now.

Oh and yes those are mushrooms growing up the wall...i was hoping they would cover the whole back wall..thought it would look pretty neat

the mshrooms are very neat, ill have to try that. did u glue them there or just place them close and they attached?

Back
Top Bottom