New fish/inverts !!!!!!! Open to advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi ok here goes.... my current setup

55 gal tank/ reg flourescent lighting
30 lbs. live rock
10 red leg hermits
Yellow Tang
Perc Clown
Mandarin Goby
Coral banded shrimp

and I just bought.........

One Naso Tang
One Condy Anemone / looking purple right now
Three LARGE snails....... to take care of the diatom algae.

Any advice for the new inhabitants??????? The current one's seem to be doing ok..... I thought maybe my clown would hang out in the anemone, but I'm learning that it probably won't.... I'm feeding everyone marine flakes/brine shrimp/ and green seewead....... so any advice would be greatly appreciated........ thanks !!!!!!!

Well, to be honest your current tank is already overstocked. The Tangs may be small now, but they need a lot of swimming room to thrive and as they grow this will become evident. I hope a larger tank is in your future.
Your feeding seems OK, but you may want to dump the brine. It has basically no nutrional value. Try mysis shrimp instead, much better for them.
Cheers

Without being too negative, that condy won't last long under NO light. I also agree w/ quarryshark, a 55 is small for a Naso tang, especially when considering you already have a yellow tang. Mandarin gobies have very specific diets and need 100 Lbs.+ LR and LOTS of pods. The large snail are most likely turbo snails. Good luck.

How quickly will it grow ????? It's only about three inches right now.... I realize the Naso will get quite big...... but at three inches I thought I'd be alright for a while.....

PLEASE READ ABOVE........

I've also noticed that the goby will eat the brine shrimp...... I was thinking this will be a good "substitute" for LOTS of pods....... I mean I have some in there but with him taking the brine shrimp, I think he'll be alright..... am I wrong ????

The LFS also told me that the condy was a low light anemone and would be fine with NO 's .

If he is eating brine, thats a good sign. However, I would switch to mysis.

Sorry, but I have to agree with everyone else. You may be overstocked right now. Two tangs in a 55 is a bit tight. Also, the manderin will need lots of pods for long-term survival. 30 lbs of LR will not provide it with the food it needs. The Condy is a lower light aneome but still need PC in order to do well. I would look at at least 3 to 4 watts/gal. for it. Don't mean to sound discouraging, hope all works out. Good luck...Lando

Back
Top Bottom