new fishies..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calqless

Aquarium Advice Regular
LAst week i bought 3 blue/green chromis 2 died overnight wast sure why, so i went to LFS with a water sample (i test then i take some for them to test 2 results 2 people better way to catch a glitch) other than the ammonia being high (from adding 5 fish and 2 dying) everything was normal, he replaced the chromis over my objection (i wanted to pay i know it happens so im not uptight about it) so i got the 2 new chromis and discovered it was bicolor dottyback, nippyin and bullying and those 2 died over night also... so waht im getting at is there a way to calm his bully self down or something he left the other 2 bigger fish alone but i was kinda wanting some small schoolers.

long winded my bad

what was the perimeters before you added the fish? try to add live stock slowly so you wont get any ammonia spikes

while i cant be for sure, but normally, my water test

am..0
nitrite...0
nitrate...10-20
phosphate..>.25
kh...9-10
ph....???

but my water while not perfect isnt horrible

dottybacks can be very aggressive. I had to remove one from my 75gal. How big is the tank?

Yeah I would remove the dottyback. Mine controlled my entire 75gal when she grew up.

Back
Top Bottom