New frags dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddy-o

Aquarium Advice Activist
I put these into my tank 36 hours ago. They are on the sand bed acclimating to the light, but I noticed that they are getting white spots. Are they already dying?

Also, Kenya Tree has been leaning since I got it 3 weeks ago. Dead? Need a spot with more flow?

Attachments

• image-3105560100.jpg
    image-3105560100.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 112
  • image-26743403.jpg
    image-26743403.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 107
  • image-2461505549.jpg
    image-2461505549.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 103
Sorry, acclimated by placing at bottom of tank during the last 3 hours if "twilight" on Thursday night. Regular day on Friday.

That might have been it. LEDs are pretty potent lighting. They might have been stressed out or even burned from not having the power ramped up over time... Might be a parameter thing too. The staghorn I would keep an eye on. For the other acro, I would either frag off the dying parts or cover it with some frag glue to stop the tissue recession.

Crap! Are there any guides as to recommended settings on these lights? Understand now about acclimation, but how much is enough and how much is too much?

since I got my led s I turn them up slowly and watch how the corals react they will tell you what they like especially if you spend as much time with your tank as I do

I have it dialed down to 50% of normal which is about 20/30/40 for the three lights.

This hobby is getting more and more expensive!!

yes this is not a cheap hobby in no means but the enjoyment and coloration pays for it in the long run

Back
Top Bottom