New frags, need some help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nycfatcow

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am getting frags from elliza.
i am going to get...
one toadstool-
one small sinularia-
one gsp
one multi color zoo
one orange skirt zoo

now my questions is....
how am i going to properly acclimate them into my tank?
placement of the corals....
and going to use the homemade coral food...
how often do i feed them?

I'm bought frags from him too, great stuff. :D

I would suggest a drip acclimation. Be sure the salinity, temp and ph are equal before adding them to your tank.
Placement will depend on your lighting, most are lowlight so mid to bottom level. Feeding really isn't an issue with these corals since these soft corals get most of their nutrition from your lights so, I suppose once or twice a week would be enough.

nioce nioce, are these corals realll easy to care for? they the get nice and big? :)

after i acclimate them i just find a nice place towards the middle or bottom for them and theyll settle there and grow onto my live rocks? I would like to thanks AA for having this forum, i have learned a lot. Also thanks to Hara, Fluff , Elliza, and lots more for answering my many questions.

The ones I got were mounted already so it was just a matter of super gluing them to the rock. If they aren't mounted, you might try loosely tying them to the rockwork. They will attach and grow. The sinularia and toadstool grow relatively fast, the gsp does as well. The zoos are a bit slower. But, yeah, they are pretty easy to care for.

I would say they are all pretty easy. Growth will depend on water and light conditions. None should require any special feedings, IMO.

My name is ellisz though ;)

waht up with this uv burning i hear on corals and stuff? how do i prevent this?

UV buring would be from bulbs that don't have a UV coating on them or it is defective. I read about this ahile back on some bad MH bulbs but that is all I know.

Back
Top Bottom