New Frogspawn pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ish should be near zero after ro and di! How is the flow?

What is prime? I am only 4 months into reef tanks but I am having good success with corals! Don't have a frogspawn but have 2 torch and 2 hammer!

It's the buffer. Takes out nitrate nitrite etc

It might be taking out other stuff that needs to be there! Have you tested ph or alk?

When you say everything is "good", what are the actual levels?

I have the Taos and mine are at less than 50%. I've added a variety of frags over the last couple months and all are doing well. I'm not sure how high everyone keeps theirs at. 100% seems bright to me.

It looks healthy, give it some more time to light adjust. It'll make progress.

When you say everything is "good", what are the actual levels?

I have the Taos and mine are at less than 50%. I've added a variety of frags over the last couple months and all are doing well. I'm not sure how high everyone keeps theirs at. 100% seems bright to me.

Mine are at about 70% blue, 40% white...

Mine are 100% blue 40% white. I have a glass lid. Should I turn the blues down too?

Ok I'm at 40% white 80% blue. Should I go lower?

Just give it time. Observe the coral each day. If it starts to bleach you probably need to turn the lights down more. Corals can take a while to react. Also make sure it isn't getting too much flow. Frogspawns don't like to be blown around. Just a gentile breeze.

I have a hammer coral in my tank. For the longest time, it just never took off. When I got it there were 4 heads. It stayed that way for well over a year. Never really opened up and extended like I had always seen other members do. This was all under my Ecotech Radions. After so long, I picked up some new coral and moved the new guys to where the hammer was and placed the hammer into the sandbed. The next day, full extension of the entire coral. In the last several months, the number of heads have doubled with more on the way. Give it some time under the lowered intensity of the lights, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't see an improvement in a week.

Ok cool. I lowered it to sand bed and turned the lights down

It is the same. The waiting game continues. Wish this stuff would grow!

Ha ha I know! ...I have a little bit...

Back
Top Bottom