New--Green star polyp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ladybus301

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, my tank is 12 weeks old and i just got my first soft coral. A green star polyp. Do these eat phytoplankton? I havent found any article that says they do, but the fish store said to feed them that. Im wondering if they just tried to sell me something or if i do need to feed them.

From a previous post of yours:
It is a 54 gallon corner tank. Right now I have 2 damsels., 2 clowns and a blenny.

It would help people if you would fill our your "myinfo" button with basic tank info to better answer your questions.

Since you have fish and feed them then as Lindsay said feeding your green star polyp shouldn't be necessary since they will feed off the leftovers but occasional feedings are not out of the question.

I don't feed mine other than what is lefttover when my fish and cleaning crew eat--which is not much. And my polyps are almost taking over my tank!

Star polyps in no way require phytoplankton, especially if you have fish in the tank. They tend to not only do well, but grow pretty fast on their own w/ no special food additions. Just decent lighting and water chemistry are needed.

Back
Top Bottom