New hammer question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milomlo

Aquarium Advice Regular
K I just received a hammer from on online retailer overnight priority shipping and also a torch. Should the hammer be COMPLETELY receeded? Doesn't look at all like there is anything in the heads. Here is a comparison to my torch.

Attachments

• image-4101609039.jpg
    image-4101609039.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 114
  • image-2232063920.jpg
    image-2232063920.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 118
  • image-3954922968.jpg
    image-3954922968.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 115
  • image-3508790725.jpg
    image-3508790725.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 138
milomlo said:
K I just received a hammer from on online retailer overnight priority shipping and also a torch. Should the hammer be COMPLETELY receeded? Doesn't look at all like there is anything in the heads. Here is a comparison to my torch.

DOA amigo sorry, id contact the retailer and discuss replacement. Can i ask which retailer? And thats for both the frog wont make it through either.

DWilliams said:
I still see tissue probably just really stressed give it some time.

No i think from here there is a 25% chance even if their is tissue it will be very small and continue till it filled its skeleton back out..even then my experience as shown with lps its continued growth will be stunted.

I would give it a day or so. They really get stressed in shipping and they can really contract. If it doesn't deploy fully, it may still grow back but I would discuss this with the retailer.

Well here it is now...thoughts? I got it from saltwaterfish

Attachments

• image-3939613489.jpg
    image-3939613489.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 151
what about that strange looking set up in the middle? Is it splitting or something or just an odd growth?

milomlo said:
what about that strange looking set up in the middle? Is it splitting or something or just an odd growth?

Looks like odd growth to me. Like some skelaton. Who knows. When it is fully extended snap a pic, it will look great!

Target feed him some coral food and give him plenty of light. He should be ok in a few days Mine retreats at night till you barely can see any tissue. But come the next morning he is very active.

Back
Top Bottom