"New kid on the block" type story.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. R

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
When I put my Royal Gramma Basslet into my tank I kind of figured he'd just run off from any picking on he got and possibly get a few nipped fins from my Tomato Clown(he always acts like a real tough guy). He is labled as "peaceful"after all. When I netted him into the water he did the typical thing for a new sw fish. Swam down to the bottom and laid there as if dead. But every time a fish came near him he just gave them the most ferocious look. His mouth would open wide and bear sharp looking little teeth. When he did that my clown would turn around and flap his tail at him. After he started swimming around the tank the clown would chase him but the basslet would turn around and lock onto the clown's nose. After he let go the clown would smack him with his tail a few times then leave. This has since ended and everyone gets along real well now. And I'm happy to say there was actually not even one nipped fin or broken skin.

LOL, I have one of those too. She is mellow, but takes crap from no one. That mouth is something else. Sometimes I wonder if she will swallow my Angel. :D

Ever since I added some live rock mine has been having a ball. It was sort of my replacement for a yellow tang. I wanted some yellow.

Back
Top Bottom