new led looking for some feed back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jtodd15

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just purchased a new led from Tao tronics its the Tt-al10 intelligent led, could not find any reviews on it, i have a mostly lps tank would like some sps was just wondering what are my boundaries as far as corals go any feed back is appreciated

Here's the light

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009GE1ZBY

According to the PAR numbers in the picture supplied, it seems pretty potent. I would think you could keep whatever you want. Pretty expensive though!
51pXIQHHj4L.jpg

It's a stock 55 gallon long depth is 18"i think

jtodd15 said:
Is it strong enough for sps?

Absolutely. Even if your tank was quite a but deeper it would be plenty. That fixture is pretty epic looking! I wouldn't set it past 20% at first.

That's a good point considering it's a huge upgrade for my corals thanks for the feedback

You're welcome! If you don't already know about LED coral light acclimation read up on it. You'll want to start off with the fixture set low and slowly bring the light levels up to where it'll need to be (depending on the corals you own). After that, new corals will often be placed at or near the bottom until they adjust. That mostly applies to corals that weren't grown under bright LEDs before you purchased them.

Do you have a build thread?

I've been reading up on it and set the max intensity to only reach 45% at midday I'm going to be watching them though to see if that is too much no build thread though the lights are the biggest upgrade next to my sump refugium that i built 2weeks ago out of a 20 gallon long everything is running well aside from an ich out break now all my fish are in the quarantine scopas, copperband, and porcupine puffer hopefully have them back in the tank by next week

I know they are very finicky but he loves his black worms and the occasional piece of squid I've had him for about 2 months and he's very fat and happy kind of a spaz

I posted this picture in the forum maybe you can tell me what it is it's attached to the glass here's the best pic i could get

ForumRunner_20130314_194514.jpg

There us thousands of them they come right back after i clean them off how can i control them

Back
Top Bottom